Eastern Scholar House Program - Application Process
Click here for an Interest Questionnaire, or contact Melissa Gross at 859/624-2046 x 1135.
Here is how the application process for the Eastern Scholar House Program will work:
1. All applicants will complete a written Interest Questionnaire that is used to gather basic information about applicants and to confirm where they will fit on the prioritization list for the program. Single parents pursuing 4 year college degrees who have preschool age children who will be enrolled full-time in the Scholar House Child Care Center will receive first priority to admission to the Scholar House Program.
2. Applicants meeting the first priority for admission into the Scholar House Program will be offered interviews with the Scholar House staff to determine their willingness to participate, and succeed, in the program. The following items will be required at the time of the scheduled interview. In summary this is what will be evaluated through the application and interviews:
- Are you at least 18 years of age?
- Are you a single parent with primary custody of your child/children?
- Are you a full-time student or have been admitted for full-time enrollment in an approved post-secondary institution?
- Are you willing to meet monthly with a Scholar House case manager to develop (and later monitor progress on) an Individualized Service Plan?
- Are you willing to enroll your children under the age of 5 in Scholar House Child Development Center?
- Are you eligible for Section 8 subsidized housing?
- Are you willing to attend monthly life skills workshops and meetings to achieve your educational goals resulting in self-sufficiency?
- Are you willing to either work or participate in approved volunteer experience while enrolled in the
Scholar House Program?
EASTERN SCHOLAR HOUSE PROGRAM CHECKLIST FOR APPLICATION APPOINTMENT (click here)
Priority for housing is given to single parents with children who participate in the Eastern Scholar House Program. Once participants are chosen for the Eastern Scholar House Program, they are referred to the housing counselor who will then determine if they qualify for rental assistance. For those selected, housing will be dependent on continued participation in the Eastern Scholar House Program including remaining a full-time student, maintaining a 2.0 GPA, paying a small share of the rent, participating in required supportive services (life skills, study hours, case management, preschooler enrolled full-time in on-site child care center, etc.).