Priority for program admission is given to:
- Heads of households who are at least 18 years of age
- Single parent with primary custody of child/children
- Degree seeking full-time students at an approved post-secondary institution such as Eastern Kentucky University, University of Kentucky, Bluegrass Community & Technical College, Berea College, Morehead State University, etc.
- Participants agree to meet monthly with a case manager to develop (and later monitor progress on) an Individualized Service Plan
- Children under 5 years of age must be enrolled in the Eastern Scholar House Child Development Center
- Families eligible for Section 8 subsidized housing
- Participants agree to attend monthly life skills workshops and meetings to promote the achievement of educational goals resulting in self-sufficiency
- Applicants agree to either work or participate in approved volunteer experience while enrolled in the program
Priority for housing is given to single parents with children who participate in the Eastern Scholar House Program. Once participants are chosen for the Eastern Scholar House Program, they are referred to the housing counselor who will then determine if they qualify for rental assistance. For those selected, housing will be dependent on continued participation in the Eastern Scholar House Program including remaining a full-time student, maintaining a 2.0 GPA, paying a small share of the rent, participating in required supportive services (life skills, study hours, case management, preschooler enrolled full-time in on-site child care center, etc.).