On The Right Track
In increasing numbers, people are using public transportation. Every segment of American society – individuals, families, communities, and businesses – benefits from public transportation. KRFDC strives to provide affordable, reliable transportation that allows people to access jobs, services and recreational activities.
Foothills’ Transportation Department has provided over 3 million rides for residents of Clark, Estill, Madison, and Powell counties since its beginning in 1986. Riders can count on courteous drivers and safe, efficient transportation to school, work, senior citizen centers, adult and child care centers, medical facilities, and recreational destinations.
Language Assistance provided at no cost.
Foothills’ Transportation services are open to the public.
- Smoking is prohibited in all transportation vehicles.
- Eating and drinking is also prohibited in all transportation vehicles.
- Pease give up your seat to those less able than you.
- Only certified service animals and guide dogs are allowed on transportation vehicles..
- Use earphones. Use radios and tape players only with earphones.
- Please put your trash in the proper receptacles.
- Don’t vandalize. Vandalism is a crime, which will be punished with a fine or jail sentence. Please report vandalism.
- Do not distract your operator while the bus is in motion.
- Firearms and weapons of any kind are prohibited on the bus.
- Be considerate of other passengers.
Foothills’ Transportation Department reserves the right to limit rider’s access to a bus if they are not complying with stated rules.
For cancellations and delays due to inclement weather please turn to your local news stations.
Foothills Express (Transportation Program) Inclement Weather Policy
309 Spangler Drive
Richmond, KY 40475
1-800-819-7083 or 859/624-3236
Transportation is funded by the U.S. Department of Transportation and is passed through the Commonwealth of Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, Office of Transportation Delivery.